Just as the world was buzzing about DC’s news about the release of their upcoming 10 movies, Marvel and Disney striked again and announced their plans for phase 3 movies. And again, Marvel is already winning and no movies are out yet…
- May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War, apparently a very important comic storyline, which will put Captain America and IronMan in opposite sides of the matter.
- November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange, though the rumours are not yet confirmed, none other than Benedict Cumberbatch is pointed as taking on the role.
- May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2… 2017 can’t come soon enough!
- July 28, 2017 – Thor: Rangarok
- November 3, 2017 – Black Panther, this is one of the most awaited superheroes in Marvel history to come to the big screen, and the studio confirmed their support for the character by introducing his portrayer while announcing phase 3. Chadwick Boseman took the stage with Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans and we even got the concept art for Black Panther.
- May 4, 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War pt. 1, we’ll probably get some closure on the infinity stones, right?
- July 6, 2018 – Captain Marvel, there have been a lot of Captain Marvel’s throughout the history of the character, but they let something very clear: this movie is about Carol Danvers.
- November 2, 2018 – Inhumans
- May 3, 2019 – Avengers: Infinity War pt. 2, Phase 3 will go out with a bang!
So, I’m pretty excited about Marvel’s phase 3. The question of diversity, that they have been criticized for so long, is being answered, by introducing Black Panther and Captain Marvel. We still don’t get a Black Widow and Hulk movies, but do we really need to? We know by now that the Marvel universe is now fluid, they can and will make appearances in each other’s films – the Civil War being a great example of that. If it’s done well, we don’t have to miss out on any of our favourite superheroes. =) well done Marvel!