Wow, I hadn’t posted about a movie in a while… oh well, here it is… When I got back to Portugal, after my trip to Brazil, I managed to include a visit to the Movie Theatre with my friend, to watch (by then, very late) the new Avengers movie.
Let me start of by saying that I loved the movie. Granted, I wasn’t as surprised and excited as the first one. It wasn’t as good story wise as Captain America: The Winter Soldier. But nonetheless, it was AWESOME! And for the life of me, I can’t understand all the hating towards it. Warning, there will be SPOILERS!
What I loved:
- This movie was a Clint Barton fest and I was delighted by it. Hawkeye hasn’t been the center of attention in none of the other movies because he doesn’t have powers or lots of money, but here we see how much the team needs him and it’s glorious. Jeremy Renner was amazing.
- The Vision is from now my favorite new Avenger, yup, no doubt about it. He’s like an upgraded version of JARVIS, he flies and he can create clothes… what’s not to love? Paul Bettany, who was present from the beginning of the MCU as JARVIS, was absolutely amazing as Vision and I can’t wait to see more of him.
- Speaking of JARVIS, I will miss him most of all…
- Thor and Tony comparing their wives (girlfriends, whatever), in a game of who’s better and more accomplished was hella cute and such a break from the usual system.
- I really loved that Sam and Rhodes were at the party and I was really glad when War Machined showed up to fight. It would have been nice however to see Falcon there as well, given the wings and the fact that they were in the air… it would have helped.
- Oh Captain America, poor baby, my heart breaks each time that he has a scene with Peggy Carter…
- Pietro and Wanda Maximoff were pretty great. I was a bit wary about Quicksilver, given than just last year we saw a version of this character in X-Men: Days of Future Past, but I have to say, that even though Evan Peters’ Quicksilver was amazing and lots of fun, I kind of liked Aaron Taylor-Johnson’s version a bit more. I think they made Quicksilver more human, which makes sense, given that he was never without his sister.
- Bromances all around! I love the Bruce/Tony bromance, but my heart gave a little jolt when Thor sided with Tony!!!
- There were some amazing fight scenes!!! =D
- The New Avengers!!! Captain America, Black Widow, War Machine, The Vision, Scarlet Witch and Falcon! Can’t wait to see them in action on Civil War!!
- I really loved that Natasha was made Clint’s BFF and that his kids call her Aunt Nat… It was adorable…
What I wasn’t especially fond of:
- The plot was really complex, which made the story seem confuse at times. I don’t know what they could have done differently to fix it… everything was important.
- I wanted to slap Bruce Banner really hard… First, I don’t think they should have gone there with Natasha and Bruce, yeah they have some kind of weird chemistry, but they shouldn’t have implied that she would abandon everything to be at peace with him, I don’t think that’s in character for her, and it really bothered me.
- Nick Fury. What the hell was he doing there? They did not need him, his lines could have been said by Maria Hill and his named dropped and that would be ok… no need to bring him there (especially because he’s supposedly dead!).
- There weren’t enough outside shots of Iron Man. Most of Iron Man scenes were done inside the suit and I felt that the suit did not see much action.
- Oh, yeah, Pietro dying?! Not OK people… not OK at all!!!
I guess this is it, I need to watch it a second time though 😀 !!!