Geeezzz, I haven’t done one of these in over a month! I’ll just do a little recap of the really small things that happened this last month that made me happy, ok? The Weekly Small Pleasures is a weekly feature created by A New Life Wandering.
1. Vacation with the nephews and my mom! It was a nice few days with the kids and my mother in Serra da Estrela, Portugal. Obvious there were some problems, some kids get more jealous than others, but in the end, it was very cool. The hotel was super nice, the pools were amazing and heated… and there were days of doing mostly nothing except putting on the swimming suit and the bath robe.
2. I tried a Gin for the first time and loved it. What the hell took me so long to have one, I can’t even understand why… while on the hotel above described, with both girls at a night walk with the entertainment people, and my nephew sulking in the bedroom, I decided I could have some alchool… lol… I tried a portuguese Gin, with apple and cinnamon, and it was amazing.
3. I cut my hair (a while ago). I now have it quite short as you can see in the picture. My hair was already shoulder length, so it was a big cut, the girls at the salon were a bit worried about my request, “but are you sure?” “that’s a lot of hair!”… yeah, I know, that’s why I wanted it off.
The why is quite funny, so I’m gonna lay it out here. I always had my hair short, or kind of short, but I’m lazy as hell, so I go cut it once or twice a year (and that’s the amount of times I enter a hair salon!). When it gets longer, it falls a lot – i have a lot of hair – and I have 0 patience for it. One day I was working, and a friend of mine came to talk to me on facebook “Hi, I was thinking, you should cut your hair!”. I laughed. Why? Because of everyone she knows, I’m the one most likely to cut it, because I don’t care! She has known me with short hair on and off forever. But she went on “yeah, but shorter this time”. So I said, “ok, do you want it today? You got it!”. Three hours later my hair was short, which is perfect for this weather. No regrets!
4. I immersed myself in book blogging. And I’m loving every minute of it. The book blogging community is awesome, and it has kept me entertained and quite happy for the last few weeks.
5. I decided to buy a Kindle! (Thank you mom and grandmom for agreeing to give this to me as an anniversary present) This is a huge deal for me. I never read on an e-reader, but given the amount of books I’ve gobbling down lately, I thought it was best if I maybe tried some e-books and try netgalley and stuff like that (and maybe save some money…). Then I only have to buy the books that I really love 😀 !!! It will be here sometime this week and I can’t wait!
6. I bought my ticket to go to South Korea and Japan in the fall!!! This is a huge deal! For a while I didn’t know if I would be able to join my mom in her yearly trip, because I wasn’t sure if I had to go to Canada for 3 months, but that fell through (unfortunately), so I took the opportunity to do something else I really wanted to instead. I always wanted to go to Japan, and it’s those things where you have a once in a life chance to go (if you’re from Europe and have no connections what-so-ever to the country). So I’m super excited about this :D!
7. Green Tea Ice-cream. Have you ever tried it? I have two flavours of ice-cream which are absolutely my favorites: green tea ice-cream and black bean ice-cream. both of which I tried at different Japanese restaurants. Last friday, with everyone leaving early to go on vacation – while I will stay working the whole month – I decided to treat myself to Japanese food (still on high because of the point above). So Gyozas and Ramen, followed by green tea ice-cream… perfect!
(yeah, mom, there more to japanese food than just sushi!)