Hello and welcome back to another Blog Award (August edition – because I have a lot of these posts behind). This time, I was nominated by the lovelies Nicole @NympadoraWinterfell, Kira @FieittyReads and Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much, for the Siblinghood (Sisterhood) of the World Bloggers Award. Once again, I have done this award before, you can see the first one here, but this is always fun ;-)!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to their blog in your post.
- Answer the questions that the blogger who nominated you has provided.
- Nominate ten other bloggers (or up to 10).
- Create ten questions for your nominees and notify them of their nominations.
Nicole @NympadoraWinterfell questions:
1. Why do you like reading?
Just one reason? I like escaping reality and live all these other lives which are not my own.
2. If you were to choose one book from your “read” list, which ONE would be your favourite read?
Again?! No, No, No… Can I pick one from this last month?! Yeah, so I would go with The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis, I just loved that book to bits.
3. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
Wow, I feel like I’ve answered this question a million times in the last couple of months 😉 … So, to be able to share all my obsessions with stuff like movies, tv shows, traveling, books, …, with other people who might like the same things as me.
4. Do you eat or drink something when you’re reading? What is it?
Hardly ever, when I do, it’s usually tea. However, I do read while I’m eating, which is highly different.
5. What did you do last week? Did you have a good week?
I did nothing! Well, I did come to work almost everyday, I worked a bit, but not as much as I should have… and I stayed in for the weekend, I only left the house to go to the university, supermarket and the gym… boring week!
6. Would you rather watch anime or read manga?
Unfortunately I never read much manga… but I did watch a lot of animes, and still love them, so, that.
7. If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for?
Honestly, I would go back in time and fix a couple of things that still haunt me. Though I know the “risks” of messing with time… 😉
8. What’s your favourite colour and why?
I love orange and grey, don’t know why… I also love them together…
9. If you were to live a life of a book character, who would you be? Why?
I’m sticking with Tessa Gray from The Infernal Devices… she gets to be with the 2 loves of her life, that’s pretty cool! I wouldn’t mind being Feyre (ACOTAR) either, but just after the trials thingy.
10. Dresses or Trackies and shirt?
Not even a doubt, trackies and shirt all the way.
Kira @FieittyReads Questions:
1. Who is your favorite musical artist/band?
I don’t really have a favorite artist or band. Haven’t had one for quite a long time. But I’ll tell you a band that has always been present in my life: Bon Jovi. With 2 older brothers and 1 older sister who spent their adolescence listening to Bon Jovi, I was like 4 or 5 when I became a fan. To this day, the 4 of us still like to listen to it.
2. What’s your opinion on makeup? Do you wear it?
I have a love/hate relationship with makeup. I worked for more than 2 years at ZARA and had to wear makeup-up every day. Sometimes I hated it, because I was never one to use makeup on my day-to-day. So, while I love the way it looks if well done, I don’t use it, unless it’s for going out on special occasions, weddings and that kind of stuff.
3. Do you have any weird or uncommon obsessions?
I don’t think so… (the blog thing isn’t weird or uncommon, right???)
4. What did you have for dinner last night?
Wow, this is a weird question… Green leafs, tomato and cheese salad.
5. Does you family have any holiday traditions? If so, what are they?
Not really traditions, I think… The only thing is, given that I have 3 brothers from my mom’s side, and I’m an only child from my dad’s side, and my parents separated when I was young, I alternate spending the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day with each of them. When my brothers and sister got married, they all started to follow my schedule as well.
6. What book do you think everyone should read before they turn 18?
I’m going to go with a classic answer… Harry Potter!
7. What job do you wish existed? (professional reader, Minister of Magic, etc)
Professional Reader! For sure! I would be all over it right now.
8. What is your favorite thing you’ve tried this year?
Ramen! Technically I’ve tried it for the first time in december, but hey, it counts!
9. What book will you never read?
50 Shades of Gray… sorry, but nope!
10. How do you think you would survive the zombie apocalypse?
I don’t think I would, lol. Or maybe I would… I don’t get outside that much, I don’t talk to that many people face to face… maybe I wouldn’t even realize a zombie apocalypse was going on until way late in the game…
11. What is your favorite movie?
I’m going with the answer I gave yesterday, with my favorite movie growing up: Gone With the Wind.
Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much Questions:
1. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A scientist! 😀 I don’t remember ever wanting to be something else…
2. What’s the song you’re constantly listening to?
I have a lot of old songs that are always on my mp3, but I think I’ll mention a portuguese song: Trovante – Perdidamente.
3. You’re stranded in an island. Which 3 things would you take with you?
My Kindle full of books, 1000 portable batteries and a parasol.
4. If you could go anywhere on the planet, where would you want to go?
For vacations or to live? To live it would be London or New York… a case could be made about San Francisco. To visit, I would love to visit all of Asia… 🙂
5. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I think I’m more of a dog person, I’m a bit more wary of cats. Though I had a cat for several years…
6. If you could go hang out with 2-3 characters for a day, where would you go (fictional), what would you do and why would you do it?
Ok, my mind automatically jumped to the silver lake pool in the Spring Court in A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J. Maas). I would love to go there with Tamlin, Feyre and Lucien (obviously), and just hang around and do nothing for the day. It’s such a cool scene from the book, is where you finally see Tamlin being himself and relax, and that’s nice :).
7. Name 3-5 fabulous people you met because of blogging
I’m assuming I can tell people I have only met online, because I never saw any of you in person…
- Kat @Life and Other Disasters
- Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Josie @Josie’s Book Corner
- and many many more…
8. Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child?
Nope, if I did, I don’t remember. I always had books, but they never meant much to me. The first book that I remember falling totally in love for was Os Lusiadas, by Luis de Camões.
9. What book were you “forced” to read in highschool but ended up loving?
Probably the one above! I don’t actually remember being really forced to read it, it was more like: “you have to read this this year” “OK :D” – LOVE IT!
10. A book you keep recommending you everyone you meet?
Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda and ACOTAR, probably…
I’m going to repeat the questions from the first time I did this award, ok?! 😀
- Favorite book?
- Favorite TV show?
- Favorite Movie?
- Favorite Book-Movie/TV adaptation?
- Favorite Actor?
- Favorite Actress?
- Favorite Author?
- Favorite Book ship?
- Favorite TV Show ship?
- Favorite Movie ship?
- Meena @Tattooed Pages
- Charlotte @abOOkishOwl
- Bookwormshivalika @Whimsy Journals
- Katherine @Katherine’s Bookcase
- Deanna @A Novel Glimpse
- Aentee @Read At Midnight
- Syc @The Lit Mermaid
- Rae @bookmarkchronicles
- Makayla @Random Reads
- Rogan @Signing On
If you’ve done this award or if you just don’t want to do it, feel free to ignore this, ok?!