Hello, welcome to another Blog Award Post! This one is new to me 😀 !!! This time I have to thank @betwixt-these-pages for nominating me – THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!
- You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- You must list the rules and display the award.
- You must add 7 facts about yourself.
- You must nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on one of their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you. (not really…)
7 Facts About Myself:
- My favorites superheroes growing up were the X-Men, Jubilee and Rogue will always have a special place in my heart. I never really liked Spiderman until the movies came out.
- 80’s and 90’s music are my favs.
- I have been listening to Wizard Wrock for several hours now due to today’s Harry Potter 30 Days Challenge question!
- Big part of my closet is composed of fandom related t-shirts and pajamas. I have 3 HP t-shirts, 1 Marvel, 1 Captain America, 1 Iron Man, 1 Flash, 1 Avengers tank top, 1 Doctor Who dress, 1 DW t-shirt, 2 HP sweatshirts, 4 HP pajamas, 3 marvel pajamas, etc… (I don’t remember everything…). I love them all, and I want more! Not even going to mention my Avengers day planner, HP and Avengers socks, …
- I’m a bit like Magnus Bane, guys with black hair and blue eyes are my weakness.
- The only reality TV I can watch are the cooking/baking ones and the several ones of wedding dresses. My favorite Masterchef is still the Australian one. And my least favorite is probably the UK.
- I’m a sucker for beautiful covers on books. I will add books to my TBR without even reading the blurb sometimes… ups!
By now I’ve done quite a few Award posts with random facts about me, so here’s the complete list:
I GOT NOMINATED FOR A CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD!
- My love for books is fairly recent. I’ve LOVED reading for a few years now, but my new found obsession has begun at the end of last year.
- I hate waking up early and I love to fall asleep late… which doesn’t go so well when I have to be at the lab relatively early.
- I think that everything sound better in English. Seriously, the conversations inside my head are in English, although I was born and raised in Portugal and nobody in my family and immediate friends is foreign.
- I don’t think my meal is complete unless it has some kind of green salad.
- My favorite drink is tea! Is one of the many reasons why I would be great living in the UK…
AND… I GOT NOMINATED FOR A VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD!
- I love to travel! It’s a silly fact, because it’s quite obvious from what I write, but I do. If I could earn my live by travelling, I would do it.
- I would love to be able to bake, cook and sew every single day! Oh yeah! I would be a bloody good housewife from the days of future past… if only without the husband and kids at tow…
- I see dead people almost every single day! Don’t freak out, lol, my PhD is in Anthropology and we have a lot of skeletons in our closets – and in our lab we have a lot of loose teeth and bones from long dead people.
- Rainbow Rowell is my “spirit animal”!!!!
- If I won the lottery (or something like that), my first stop would be a bookstore… outside Spain or Portugal, because our bookstores here suck!
- I have two dog “nephews”, I even speak to one of them through Skype, whenever he’s at my mom’s house… he lives in Angola and I only get to see him once a year, but I absolutely adore my Snow.
- My goal in life is to move to London… and also finish my PhD and keep doing science, but really, the London thing…
LIEBSTER AWARDS #3 AND #4
- My middle name is Alexandra, and all my family calls me Xana.
- There is only one person in the world who calls me Alexandra, and she’s the only one allowed to do that.
- I hate the heat, seriously, hate it with all the power of my being.
- I have one tattoo on my shoulder blade, which my brother paid for when I was 19.
- I sometimes buy clothes at the men section, yep, pajamas, sweat pants, super heroes t-shirts… the works 🙂
- Once when I was 16, I wanted blue highlights, so after the whole process, the color didn’t take, and I ended up with blonde highlights, which I hated. I vowed never to mess with my natural hair color ever again.
- I have 2 older half-brothers and 1 older half-sister, I’m an only child from my dad’s side.
- I hate discotheques and partying all night out… my sister hates this.
- A music that’s ALWAYS on my mp3 player: Joni Mitchel – Both Sides Now. I would go as far as saying that it’s my favorite music.
- I played Volleyball for my school team when I was 12-13 years, I still miss it.
- I just bought my plane ticket to go to South Korea and Japan in October (super excited!)
CREATIVE BLOGGER AWARD #2
- I procrastinate… a LOT, this month in general has been terrible… I know I have a lot of work, but the more I think about it, the more I don’t want to do it… it’s bad 😦
- I hate living with people. Not even kidding! Roommates that aren’t your friends are the worst. I live with 2 guys and a girl that I’ve never seen, but man, one of those guys is messy and always puts things the wrong way in the kitchen and it drives me mad!
- I look just like my dad! The only physical think I inherited from my mom is the curly hair (the crying at all movies and the same predisposition for diseases – it sucks!). I could have her blue eyes, but nop!!!
- I have a degree in Biology (microbiology and genetics) and a Masters in Human Evolution. I’m currently in my last year of my PhD in Biodiversity and Anthropology. Working in Academia and doing research was always my dream!
- My favorite movie when I was little was Gone With the Wind. I remember it was so large, that it was usually divided into 2 screenings on sequential days, and it would generally air after midnight. So I, with 9 years old, would go into the living room, curl up in a blanket and stay until 3 a.m. watching it, a lot – it aired a lot when I was younger, now not so much. I haven’t seen it in ages, but that movie always made me fell good! I was not a normal child, I had watched Gone With the Wind more times than I could count, and it wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I finally saw The Sound of Music!
- Kat @Life and Other Disasters
- Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much
- Jesse @Books at Dawn
- Erika & Miedjel @Partners in Books
- Anjie @Love Thy Shelf
- Josie @Josie’s Book Corner
- Bianca @The Ultimate Fangirl
- Summer @Xingsings
- Trisha Ann @The Bookgasm
- Dee @The Bookish Khaleesi
- Anette @Anette Reads
- Aneta @Inspire Script
- Ojaswani @glitter2rain
- Melanie @ Dat Little Blog
- teenage lunatics