Initially my goal was to read about 30 books, repeat books in several categories and so on, now I’m convinced that I’ll be able to read the 52 books! I also had initially set the books for each of the topics, but soon discovered that that wouldn’t work… lol. So, this is the progress so far:
1. A book with more than 500 pages – City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6), Cassandra Clare
2. A classic romance – Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
3. A book that became a movie – Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Jesse Andrews
4. A book published this year – An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir
5. A book with numbers in the title – The One Thing, Marci Lyn Curtis
6. A book written by someone under 30 – A Court of Thorns and Roses, Sarah J. Maas
7. A book with non-human characters – The Slow Regard of Silent Things, Patrick Rothfuss
8. A funny book – Attachments, Rainbow Rowell
9. A book by a female author – You had me at hello, Mhairi McFarlane
11. A book with a one-word title – Fangirl, Rainbow Rowell
12. A book of short stories – The Bane Chronicles, Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan and Maureen Johnson
13. A book set in a different country – The Year of Taking Chances, Lucy Diamond
14. A non-fiction book – Bossypants, Tina Fey and Modern Romance, Aziz Ansari & Eric Klinenberg
15. A popular author’s first book – Eleanor and Park, Rainbow Rowell (I now realize that this is not actually he first book, but I’m too lazy to change all the links)
16. A book from an author you love but haven’t read yet – Landline, Rainbow Rowell
17. A book a friend recommended – More Happy Than Not, Adam Silvera
19. A book based on a true story – Love at First Type: A Chronicle of Addiction to Online Dating, Robert D. Spake
22. A book that scares you – Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas and Crown of Midnight, Sarah J. Maas
23. A book that’s more than 100-years-old – Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen
26. A memoir – Popular: Vintage Wisdom for a Modern Geek, Maya Van Wagenen
27. A book you can finish in a day – Very Good Lives: The Fringe Benefits of Failure and the Importance of Imagination, J.K. Rowling
29. A book set in a country you want to visit – The Rosie Project, Graeme Simsion
32. A trilogy – Shatter Me, Unravel Me, Ignite Me, Tahereh Mafi
33. A book from that reminds you of your childhood – A Whole New World: A Twisted Tale, Liz Braswell
34. A book with a love triangle – To all the boys I’ve loved before, Jenny Han & P.S. I Still Love You, Jenny Han
35. A book set in the future – Armada, Ernest Cline
36. A book set in high school – Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, Becky Albertalli
37. A book with a color in the title – Red Queen, Victoria Aveyard
38. A book that made you cry – My Heart and Other Black Holes, Jasmine Warga
39. A book with magic – Love in the Time of Global Warming, Francesca Lia Block
40. A graphic novel – Ms. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal, G. Willow Wilson & Adrian Alphona
41. A book by an author you’ve never read before – The Perfect Match, Katie Fforde
42. A book you own but you’ve never read – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Benjamin Alire Sáenz
45. A book set during Christmas – Girl Online, Zoe Sugg
49. A book based on or turned into a television show – The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet, Bernie Su and Kate Rorick
To read (15):
10. A mystery or thriller
18. A Pulitzer-Prize winning book
20. A book at the bottom of your to-read list
21. A book that your mum loves
24. A book based entirely on the cover
25.A book you were supposed to read at school but didn’t finish
28. A book with antonyms in the title
30. A book that came out the year you were born
31. A book with bad reviews
43. A book that takes place in your hometown
44. A book that was originally written in a different language
46. A book written by an author with your same initials
47. A play
48. A banned book
50. A book you started but never finished
This one has a bit more progress than the Popsugar one, that’s because I started to read a lot of stuff that I can’t fit in the other one anymore. My initial number was something like 30 books, I then changed it around April to 51, to fit the Popsugar challenge (given that 1 book that I had already read is not on Goodreads). Now I’m almost done! 12 books ahead of schedule and with 3 more months left to go in the year. I also have all my reviews up to date, which is kind of amazing.
53 thoughts on “2015 Reading Challenges Update!”
You’re doing pretty well in the challenge… I haven’t looked to my for over 5 months so I have no idea how I’m doing =P
lol, yeah, at the beginning of the year I didn’t thought it would be possible to read 50 books during this year… now I’m almost there 😀
Your doing so well!! Keep going your almost there! I gave up on my challenges – there’s always next year!
Thank you. why did you gave up on them? 🙂
I just forgot about them and then I lost interest
ohhhh 😉 there’s always next year, lol
Yeah! I shall be better next year!!😁
Great progress on your challenge! 🙂
I gave up on mine. I didn’t plan it out too well. I’m hoping to try again next year, but with an actual plan this time.
lol, that sounds like a good plan 😉
I would totally do it again
I started this challenge but haven’t updated my list in a few months! I wonder how far along I am 😀
you should check it out, you’re probably way more ahead than you think 😉
I laughed when you put down CoM and ToG as books that scared you. I was scared too when I read CoM!! I was super spooked because it reminded me of Uprooted, another book that gave me the creeps. Good job on your progress; it’s wayy better than mine so don’t quit!
It’s fun to have reading goals!!
I was so scared in CoM, for a moment there I was sure that she had crossed to the dark side…
I kept looking over my shoulder during the Prison scene when she kept opening doors that led to more cells under the tower. -shivers- Like my whole body was tensed for the moment when she’d discover the monster in the cell.
oh, yeah, that was creepy as hell!!!
I hate horror movies but I like thrillers so my heart was just palpitating during that part. But it was so well-written and it made CoM my favorite book in the series!
i hate horror movies too, lol. 😀
CoM is indeed amazing, but I liked HoF better, it had more magic and Rowan
I’m getting behind the challenge!! What’s your entry for book with bad reviews? 🙂
I don’t know yet… I know I missed an opportunity when reading A Whole New World, I could have used it for that one… but I’m sure I’ll come across some book with bad reviews, lol, right? what are you thinking?
Yeah, I’m expecting that book to be nice but people’s review says otherwise. I’m thinking about Twilight/ poorly-rated John Green book (I’m sorry if you’re a fan!)
I like Twilight, lol, though I don’t know if I will re-read it for this topic only.
About John Green… LOL, I’m still to read any of his books, I just don’t feel pooled to them, you know? But all his books have high ratings, don’t they?
Yeah Most of his books have high rating (and I don’t know why lol). I’m thinking of An Abundance of Katherines. It has the lowest rate and the least positive review accdg to Goodreads.
yeah? that would be a good choice I guess… I have a feeling his books are not really my thing…
Man you are more than just right on track – you’re like miles ahead. I think I am only 3 books ahead of schedule … I feel so slow now. But I am getting there, The Next Together arrived in the mail today, but I am still on the Magician’s Land.
but you’re making some progress… it was super fast to arrive!
Yeah, progress is progress I guess.
It was! Also my copy of Eleanor and Park will finally come too. So, I’ll have plenty of books for this month with Until Friday Night also on its way.
Eleanor and Park??? FINALLY!!!! lol 😀 Your tbr is coming together 😉
I don’t know what the huge hold-up was with that book. I ordered it last year in June and they just kept putting it off, the edition was in re-print or something like that. But it’s just the standard paperback cover … I have no clue what happened.
it it the beige or the yellow cover?
It’s the one where you see them from behind, sitting next to each other and listening to music.
yeah, but which colour, because there is the beige (normal), a blue one and a yellow (which is mine)
I think it’s beige.
lol, so, the original one 😉 lucky you!
I don’t know, maybe it’s yellow-ish. I’ll tell you when it actually arrives hahaha
oh, it’s still on its way… i thought you already received it
Nope, I just got the mail today that they’ll finally send it. It will be here later this week or at the beginning of next one.
Wow! This is awesome! I had seen that reading challenge around in the beginning of the year but I didn’t really motivate myself to do it. It looks really awesome now though haha I hope you’ll accomplish all of it! My only reading goal this year is to read 100 books, and I’m at 80 read so I hope I’ll be able to pull it off.
wow, 80? you most certainly will 😀
Yeah haha my TBR are usually incredibly big so I’ll push myself to read as much as possible. The most I’ve read this year is 15 books in one month haha
that’s quite good! 😀 my best month was 13 (with 2 graphic novels in the mix)
That’s awesome! I’ve been meaning to get into graphic novels more, I just don’t know where to start
I have the same problem… I want to read Nimona and Saga, both are really popular right now…
Saga is one I’ve heard a lot. And recently on Goodreads, I’ve seen Chew and Lock & Key
I haven’t seen that one… I definitely want to get a bit more into graphic novels too
Congratulations! Keep up the great work!:)
Wow looks like you’re doing pretty well 😀
I guess 😀
WOW! Good work on your challenge! I am totally confident that you can complete your challenge. You’ve got this Cristina! 😊
there are not many left… the problem might lie in finding the books to fit, but even if I don’t, no worries 😀 I’m enjoying reading too much to care, lol
Wow! You’re doing great! I wish I had the skills you do! 🙂
I was thinking… For Popsugar #47: A Play. The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde is pretty amazing and hilarious. It’s rather short too, less than 100 pages. Not sure if you needed a title or if you already had one, but saw it and thought I would recommend it.
i still didn’t, that’s an amazing suggestion, thank you 😀