I haven’t done one book tag all week! What?!?! 😉 I saw this one at Cátia’s blog, The Girl Who Read Too Much, and everywhere for a while… I wasn’t tagged, but who cares, right?!
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I’ll read whatever I’m in the mood for! Unless I’m in the middle of a series binge-read, that’s sacred.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
It really depends on the book and why I’m not loving it. If I’m not into the story but it’s a quick, fast paced read, I’ll power through. If it’s a Game of Thrones kind of thing, I’ll quit it (for a while at least).
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
This is the first year ever that I’m doing the Goodreads challenge, so I never went through this. But I guess it depends on what “so close” means, but I would try to catch up, I do like my challenges to be complete.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
OMG! I hate it, I CAN’T COPE WITH THAT!!! I’m serious! I have the Stephanie Perkins trilogy, and Lola is from a different editor, so the book is bigger than it’s two sisters, and I’m considering gifting it to someone so I’ll have an excuse to get the book again, in the right size.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
The internet! Seriously, apart from my grandmother, I don’t know anyone in real life who reads as much as me or what I read at least, so I do what I’ve been doing lately, blog about it and go on twitter and Tumblr 😀 .
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
This happens to me all the time! Read this! I deal my pushing my shades down and pulling my paper tissue to clean my face. Other times, there is no controlling it… I was reading the trials from An Ember in the Ashes and SOBBING in the train and I didn’t even care.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads?
If I don’t remember things clearly, I will totally re-read it, for sure. I’m already thinking that when ToG 5 drops, I’ll have 4 books to read first…
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
It’s not usually a problem, nobody asks me either way. There are some books I’m willing to lend, but not my YA/fantasy ones. No way! Also, I read in english, my family reads in Portuguese, so there’s that! But if anyone really asked, and if it’s one of the books I don’t want to borrow, I’d say something like “sorry, I can’t right now (or ever!)”.
9. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
I would probably just run with it. Do some other stuff in the meantime, or just pick up a book I really love to get into that buzz again.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Probably all of them. Yeah, I have a slight problem. I’m trying to control it, so I would probably buy those I would definitely read soon, and those I thought that the price was worth it.
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It really depends. If I really want to get into them, not more than a couple of months. If I bought them just because I needed to own them and their price was great, that could be a lot longer.
I won’t tag anyone, because I think that pretty much everyone has done this tag, but if you haven’t yet, and want to, consider yourself tagged!