Hello!!! Here we are again, a blog award post 😉 ! This time it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award, and I was nominated by a few people: Makayla @Random Reads, Cátia @The Girl Who Read too Much, Kat @Life and Other Disasters, teenagelunatics, Syc @The Lit Mermaid, ReadLoveExpress and Merlin’s Musings. Thank you everyone!!!!
This is also my second Sunshine Blogger Award, you can see the first one here. Now… that’s a lot of questions! I will not answer them all, because that would be boring as hell, so I’ll pick 4 questions from each one, ok?
These are the rules:
- To accept the award, you answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- After that you nominate people who are the sunshine in your life and brighten up the day!
- Ask your nominees 11 questions in return.
1. What is one year in your life that was/is really important to you?
I would say that 2002 was definitely a game changer in my life. It was the year I got into college. Had my second boyfriend, had my heartbroken, meet some amazing people…
Another year was 2006, also a game changer, though not nearly as positive… the heartbreak was far worse and for completely different reasons…
2. Do you have a set blogging schedule or do you just post when an idea comes to you?
I don’t settle a schedule. I do, however, have a lot of posts half done in my drafts. I have a lot of tags and awards there, so that I don’t post them all at the same time. But when I have an idea for a post, other than a weekly meme, it usually goes out right away.
3. What’s your biggest fear?
Failing! Oh, and heights and speed of any kind…
4. What is one thing you can’t leave the house without?
Phone, keys and phones.
1. In your dream world, where would you live if you were financially independent?
London! Hands down, my first choice always.
2. What is your favorite comfort food?
Any kind of pasta dish really… anything that I can cook in under 10 minutes and be delicious, I’m down for.
3. What is one that thing that you couldn’t go without each day?
Internet! Seriously, how did I live before the WWW? I remember it vaguely, but I don’t know how it was possible.
4. Apart from blogging what do you enjoy the most?
TV, music, books. Family. Starbucks. London, going to the movies with a bucket of popcorn from a Lusomundo / NOS cinema…
1. If you could go on a date with any actor/actress of your choosing, who would it be?
Really Kat?! 😛 It would be Chris Evans for sure. It would be cute and all, Chris and Cris 😉 ! Seriously, I’m not even into blonds, but Chris Evans has been my constant celebrity crush for a couple of years now. – sorry about the gifs!
2. If you were to escape reality, which fictional world would you flee to?
I don’t know… most fictional worlds are screwed up in way or another… I would like to go into the A Court of Thorns and Roses universe. Visit all the courts and so on. It would be cool, and the Fae are hot.
3. What is a movie, TV show or book release you are really excited about?
Ok, movie, the answer is always anything Marvel, but right now it’s Deadpool. For the TV Show I’ll have to go with Shadowhunters, because we both know I’m pretty excited for that, and for some news of Shatter Me, because I need some Warner in my life. Books… wow, I’m pretty excited about the new Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare, I love the world, and I can’t wait to see it expanded.
4. Which character from Friends are you?
1. Do you speak any other languages? Which one(s)?
I speak Portuguese (mother language), English (obviously 😛 ), Castellano (also known as Spanish) and Catalan (though I don’t like to speak it, but I understand and read it pretty well). I also know a couple of things in French.
2. What is your favorite superhero and why? If you don’t have one, why not?
Oh, I like so many!!! right now I have a thing for Captain America, but that might be because he’s played by Chris Evans. On the comics I always liked Rogue from the X-Men.
3. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Don’t be so trusting of people. It’s not because you don’t have bad intentions, that they won’t stab you in the back.
4. Name one thing about yourself that you wished more people knew
Despite the serious facade that I put up all the time, I’m actually funny and relaxed.
1. If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation. I’m not going to say fly because I don’t like heights, but the ability to transport anywhere, anytime, that would be dreamy!
2. Blue or green eyes?
I have a thing for blue eyes. *sigh*
3. What time do you usually get up in morning?
If I have to come to work, way too early, around 6 a.m. It sucks!
4. How do you take your coffee/tea?
Coffee – single espresso, with just a hint of sugar
Tea – simple with sugar
Q: If you could have only one super power for a day. What would it be and why? What would you use the power for?
A: That’s a super tough one… that’s not much one can do in one day! Ok, I think I would opt to be super highly intelligent for one day and discover the solutions to a series of world problems – and then I would write them all down and pass them on to other intelligent people, because by then I would be slightly dumber again.
Q: To me (and I am sneaking my own answer to this question into this, mwahah!), writing is simply something I must do to be whole, complete, and functional. Without my words I am a wolf without teeth, an eagle without wings, a fish without gills. That’s why I started my blog, and why I will continue it for the foreseeable future. What is writing, particularly your blog, to you?
A: I have to be honest, writing for me is just a means to an end. I love to read, but I was never inclined to actually write, if anything, I was always more drawn to the visual arts myself. I tried to draw a lot when I was younger, I love photographs, that kind of stuff, but writing? Not so much. I started to write when I started blogging, but it was never about something I came up with, you know? It’s always about shows, facts, books, life, …, and sometimes I can’t even find the words for that!
And that’s it! God, this was a long post… I will not nominate anyone because this award has been around for awhile, and I’m pretty sure most people already have it. If not, and you’re interested in it, drop a comment 😉