Hello! Today I bring you my October TBR. As you might have read at some point – given that I’ve mentioned it A LOT – A week from now I’ll be heading to South Korea and to Japan for 14 days! I’m super excited about it, first of all JAPAN!!!! Then, I’ve only been to Asia once before, and I’m very looking forward to get to know it a little bit better.
I suspect that this will also impact my reading a bit, though I’m not sure if for the better or worse, because from one hand, I’ll have two 20 something hours trips to make. And reading on planes is somehow one of my favorite things. On the other hand, I don’t expect to have much time in the actual places, though South Korea will be mild, given that my companion (a.k.a. my mom) will be working, but in Japan we’ll be running around, and I think that my only time to read will be inside the bullet trains.
But without further ado, here is my TBR for this upcoming month:
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I’ve been wanting to get into The Lunar Chronicles, and now that the Shatter Me trilogy is done and Queen of Shadows read, it is time to start. (I’ve started it this morning, 13 pages in and I already like that Prince… how is this possible?)
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – I hope I manage to read this one as well before I get on that first plane, otherwise it will be the physical book coming along for the ride.
3. Angelfall by Susan Ee – I saved this one for the plane 😀 – See Josie? It’s already on my TBR for this month!
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Same as the one above
5. Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier – This eARC is long overdue, I have to get to it this month without fail.
6. Rikki by Abigail Strom – Also an eARC…
7. The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss by Max Wirestone – Ditto, I’m quite excited about this one.
8. Playing the Player by Lisa Brown Roberts – This seems like a light-ish read, so perfect for the travel.
9. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – As I said in my TTT Fall TBR post, I wanted to read this one around Halloween, just because, I’m not sure I’ll have the time or the will, but I’ll try.
10. The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher – I don’t know if this book will arrive on time… I ordered it along with Everything, Everything and they are bound to arrive on the 7th of this month, well, the problem is that my flight is on the 8th at 6 a.m., so if the books are delayed by one day I won’t be able to pick them up and they’ll be returned to AMAZON… 😦
This is quite an ambitious TBR, especially considering that some of these books are not small, others I have no idea of size, and some are fantasy. But still, the two 20h plane/airport rides + one 2h flight + four 1-2h bullet train rides should provide some time to read. And my kindle is quite stocked if I need further reading material 😉 .
39 thoughts on “October TBR”
I’ve only read one of those books (you know which one) but I like a lot of the others. I want to get to the Lunar Chronicles as well at some point. Rikki seems kind of cute too.
Rikki sounds perfect for the fantasy break 🙂
but the one I’m most excited about is The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak, I hope it gets here on time… =/
And that it will have the promised 100 Dollar bill in it, right?
that would be ideal! 😛
I’m secretly jealous of your trip. 😉 It sounds amazing! I hope you’ll have loads of fun.
Great TBR. The Lunar Chronicles and Angelfall are some of my favorites.
😀 I’m super excited about it 😀
Great TBR choices! I hope you have a great trip!
thank u 😀
You’re going to Japan & South Korea? Wahhhhh. I’m so jealous! Haha. Your TBR for the month of October is amazing. Have a nice trip Cristina! Looking forward to your photos about your whole trip! 🙂
yes 😀 I’m leaving in a week (and I have so much to do before i take off).
I’m super excited about this trip 😀 Japan has been in my *dream places* for a while…
thank you 😉
Wow. Have a nice trip with your Mom. Traveling in Asia would be a great bonding! I’m so excited for you. Japanese food and culture are to die for! I hope someday I’ll be able to visit it too. 🙂
i travel a lot with my mom. We live a continent apart, so we end up traveling together 1 to 3 times a year 😉
I love japanese food and culture 😀
i hope you get to go someday soon
That’s so awesome! Have fun on your travels! I’ve never been to that side of the globe but its always been interesting to me. I hope you have a great time and also read lots of books haha
thank you 🙂 I’ve been only once to Asia, so I’m pretty pumped to go again 😀
I’m so happy that you seem to be enjoying Cinder so far, and of course it’s possible to love Prince Kai after only a couple of pages! It’s Prince Kai after all. He’s so sweet and charming ❤
I'm currently reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and it's great so far (even though I'm only 20 pages in haha). Halloween seems like a great time to be reading this one.
I hope you get Everything Everything and The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak on time! I loved both of those books! They'd actually be perfect reads to read on a flight because they're so fast-paced and you'll be able to finish them before you get off the plane. But then I guess you'll be stuck with carrying them around for the whole trip 😀
he hardly said anything yet and I’m like “this dude is so cool”… i need to chill
You’re going to have to change your flight.
not possible… a lot of flights to coordinate… AMAZON better deliver on time! I need the book before I leave 😉
Japan sounds amazing!! Hope you have fun, and great TBR list. I too just purchased Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and the pictures are pretty creepy….don’t know how I’ll read it! Safe travels!
thank you. and good luck reading the book 😉
YAY! I’m so happy! I can’t wait for you to step on that plane 😉
And I’m jealous that you’re started the Lunar Chronicles series! I need to start it too 😢
Your TBR for October is fantastic, I hope you get to all of them! xoxo
I knew you would aprove of my plane reading 😉
Enjoy your trip! And hope you enjoy all your TBRs! 😀
thank you 🙂
Great TBR! A trip to Japan and Korea! I’m so Jealous! 😦 I hope you have a great trip! Will look forward to your post on it. 😀
😀 I can’t believe it is only a week away 😀
I’ll try to post pics during the trip 🙂
Yay! can’t wait to see them! 😀
Have a nice trip! I haven’t been to Japan or South Korea, but I really hope to one day! I’m planning on reading Cress, book three of the Lunar Chronicles, this month. Cinder and Scarlet were just so good 🙂
So far, I’m really enjoying Cinder 🙂
I’ll probably get around to Cress next month 😀
That’s awesome! I really want to get to Winter and see how everything plays out 🙂
Fabulous and ambitious list! I’m hoping to make some time to get into The Lunar Chronicles as well. Have a great time on your trip!
thank you 🙂
That is a lot of books! You’re going to love Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, it’s awesome.
YOU’RE GOING TO JAPAN AS WELL? LUCKY YOU I’M SO JEALOUS BUT I HOPE YOU’LL HAVE FUN OF COURSE 😀
YAY FOR READING THE LUNAR CHRONICLES! ❤ Haha Kai is adorable 🙂
yes, south korea and Japan 😀 I’m leaving in 4 days 😀
Ambitious TBR maybe, but it’s sure filled with awesome books! ❤ I'm super excited for you to read Angelfall and start the Lunar Chronicles. I hope you love them both! 😀
Have fun on your trip! 🙂
😀 I’m still on my first one though, I expect that my planes will allow me to move along my TBR