Hello! Today I bring you my October TBR. As you might have read at some point – given that I’ve mentioned it A LOT – A week from now I’ll be heading to South Korea and to Japan for 14 days! I’m super excited about it, first of all JAPAN!!!! Then, I’ve only been to Asia once before, and I’m very looking forward to get to know it a little bit better.
I suspect that this will also impact my reading a bit, though I’m not sure if for the better or worse, because from one hand, I’ll have two 20 something hours trips to make. And reading on planes is somehow one of my favorite things. On the other hand, I don’t expect to have much time in the actual places, though South Korea will be mild, given that my companion (a.k.a. my mom) will be working, but in Japan we’ll be running around, and I think that my only time to read will be inside the bullet trains.
But without further ado, here is my TBR for this upcoming month:
1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – I’ve been wanting to get into The Lunar Chronicles, and now that the Shatter Me trilogy is done and Queen of Shadows read, it is time to start. (I’ve started it this morning, 13 pages in and I already like that Prince… how is this possible?)
2. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer – I hope I manage to read this one as well before I get on that first plane, otherwise it will be the physical book coming along for the ride.
4. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor – Same as the one above
5. Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier – This eARC is long overdue, I have to get to it this month without fail.
6. Rikki by Abigail Strom – Also an eARC…
7. The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss by Max Wirestone – Ditto, I’m quite excited about this one.
8. Playing the Player by Lisa Brown Roberts – This seems like a light-ish read, so perfect for the travel.
9. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs – As I said in my TTT Fall TBR post, I wanted to read this one around Halloween, just because, I’m not sure I’ll have the time or the will, but I’ll try.
10. The Improbable Theory of Ana and Zak by Brian Katcher – I don’t know if this book will arrive on time… I ordered it along with Everything, Everything and they are bound to arrive on the 7th of this month, well, the problem is that my flight is on the 8th at 6 a.m., so if the books are delayed by one day I won’t be able to pick them up and they’ll be returned to AMAZON… 😦
This is quite an ambitious TBR, especially considering that some of these books are not small, others I have no idea of size, and some are fantasy. But still, the two 20h plane/airport rides + one 2h flight + four 1-2h bullet train rides should provide some time to read. And my kindle is quite stocked if I need further reading material 😉 .