Hello guys! Today I bring you a new book tag, the Ben ‘n’ Jerry’s Book Tag, created by Aimal @Bookshelves & Paperbacks, and she was kind enough to nominate me to do this – thank you so much Aimal. So, here we go…
1. Vanilla Caramel Fudge: pick a light, fluffy contemporary
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han is the definition of light, fluffy contemporary. And it’s so good!!!
2. Mint Chocolate Cookie: a new release that you wish everybody would read
I feel like I’ve been saying this a lot lately, but the answer has to be The One Thing (Marci Lyn Curtis). If you haven’t read this book, I ask you: what the hell are you waiting for?
3. Karamel Sutra Core: a last book in a series that you were completely satisfied with
I was super satisfied with the ending of The Infernal Devices. Clockwork Princess was an amazing book, and even though I wouldn’t have minded to have another 10 books about Jem, Tessa and Will, I was happy with the resolution and about knowing that it wasn’t the last time I would be reading about any of them.
4. Cherry Garcia: an ending that was bittersweet
So many books have bittersweet endings… but today, I’ll go with Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I loved the ending, but I’ll admit that I would like to know if they ever find their way to one another again.
5. Strawberry Shortcake: a book containing your OTP of OTPs
I have too many OTPs to count (actually, I’m thinking about making a list of them, what do you guys think?). Either way, like I was saying, too many to count, but I’ll drop my most recent favorite obsession, and that is Penryn and Raffe from the Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. Guys, the last book is killing me!!!
6. Milk and Cookies: two authors that if they collaborated, they would go perfectly together
I’ll redirect you to a recent Top Ten Tuesday post, because I think that any pairing I put in there would be pretty perfect! – Go HERE!!!
7. Boston Cream Pie: a book that had you turning your pages late into the night
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I went to sleep when the sun was coming up, it was a wild ride and totally worth it, because this book… wow… wow!!!! Not only did it keep me up all night, it also gave me the biggest book hangover I ever had! It was days before I could stop myself going through its pages re-reading certain chapters… To be honest, it only stopped because the book went to Portugal.
8. Chocolate Therapy: a book that makes you feel better after a long day of life
I’ll go with You’re Never Weird on the Internet (Almost), Felicia Day’s memoir, because this book made me laugh and smile and cry, but it also made me feel less alone. She’s brilliant and I highly recommend this book.
9. Coffee, Coffee, Buzzbuzzbuzz!: a book not yet released that you can’t wait to get your hands on
There are MANY books coming out that I need right now, but most of all I need The Rose and the Dagger the sequel to The Wrath and the Dawn, by Renee Ahdieh, because of that ending. That ending tore me apart!!! I need to know that Khalid is Ok, that Shazi is OK, that Shazi is going back, what she’ll do with her magic, how they’re going to break the curse, …, and I need to see Despina and Jalal actually talking. So yeah… I need it!