Today I’m going HOME! Yep, Lisbon here I come! I’m actually at the airport right now!!!
I’m so tired that I’m super excited to get home, but on the other hand, I’ll have so much other type of work to do, that I would gladly shut myself inside the lab for the next week or so…
I love Christmas, I really do, but this year everything is gonna be tricky… I’ll just run down some of the things I’ll have to do this next week, shall I?
- Pick up my mom’s car from the workshop;
Pick up my brother’s house keys from our housekeeper; Visit my grandmother in the hospital – I hope she’s still at the hospital by friday, otherwise my day will get worse; Have lunch with my BFF (possibly at the hospital, while visiting my grandmother); Try to get some christmas shopping done (and probably failing); Serve as a taxi for my brother in law; Wait for my sister to deposit her kid and 2 dogs at my brother’s house, so I can babysit; Pray for all that’s mighty that my nephew is calmer and not setting things on fire just because (yeah… I don’t really know what’s going on either); Wait for the couple to return home so I can finally go to sleep in my bed – read: my house!
- My grandma will be released for the hospital tomorrow morning, so after I pick up the car, I have to go pick her up at the hospital;
- Pick her bag from her house;
- Figure something out for lunch;
- Convince my BFF to go meet me at my bro’s house to have lunch with my grandma and me;
- Find time to go to a supermarket – his house doesn’t have a thing in it;
- Figure out how to get my brother in law to his diner;
- Say NO to my sister – and resist her psychological blackmail;
- Get some Christmas Shopping done – good thing that the shopping malls are open until midnight.
- Wake up at an ungodly hour in the morning;
Go to my older brother’s house to retrieve my younger brother’s card;
- Go to Ikea to buy 2 simple beds – hope against hope that they’re able to deliver by Monday;
- Go home – very close to Ikea;
- Go to lunch with my dad and my aunts near the beach – a bit away from home;
- Get back on the road around 4 p.m. because it will take me more than an hour to reach the airport;
- Wait for my mom to come out of the arrival area, carrying my precious 4 legged “nephew” (yes, I mean a dog!);
Think of something to do with the dog, because my mom needs to visit my grandmother in the hospital right away (possibly);
- Get the dog to my mom’s house;
- Go to my brother’s house to leave the dog and collect my sister;
- Have dinner with my mom and sister;
- Attend a concert.
- I don’t know… I reckon I’ll be dead by then…
- Christmas shopping;
- Visit my grandmother in the
hospitalat my brother’s house;
Monday – Wednesday:
Grandma will probably leave the hospital;
- Christmas shopping… a lot of them… all of them…
- Watch over my grandma
As you can see I’m going to have a super fun week… yeah, I’m super happy about that! Hopefully my grandma will be ok when she leaves the hospital, and Christmas will go down without a hitch and everything will be super super marvelous! But somehow, I think it will be an exhausting week and I’m so not looking forward to that.