It’s the last day of the year, so time for a few resolutions! Trisha @The Bookgasm tagged me for this super original and fun bookish tag, the 2016 Resolutions Book Tag, and even though I’m not exactly a resolutions kind of person, I thought “why not?!“.
“4 topics only. Not a fan of multiple questions, sorry! No rules. Give whatever. No right or wrong. You’re your own boss!”
In 2016, I will…
1. Request less books from Netgalley. I’ve been overdoing it for a couple of months now, and it has to stop, or at least slow down, because my To Read for Review pile is ginormous.
2. Read more books from my shelf. I won’t impose myself a book-buying ban or anything of the sorts, but I do want to get through some books that I already own and that I didn’t get to this year.
3. Buy a second bookshelf and put away all my books. The trouble with living in 2 houses is that I have books everywhere, and each time I come home from Barcelona, I don’t have the space to put away the books I brought with me. This will be better once I get my second shelf.
Book Blogging Resolutions
In 2016, I will…
1. Keep posting at least 5 times a week, ideally every day. I like it! I like to have something to say every day, and if I keep reading at the pace of the last few months, this won’t be a problem.
2. Stop blog hopping while at work. This one is important. I need to stop with this bad habit.
3. Be more active in social media and make more blog friends 😀 !
4. Do some discussion posts. I only did one so far and I really liked it, and I want to keep doing them, maybe create a one a month kind of thing… I think that would work for me.
Career/ Academic Resolutions
In 2016, I will…
1. Finish my PhD! I know this one is a big point, but it is the main goal for 2016!
2. Find a job. With or without finishing my PhD, I need to get a job or paid position soon, because my grant ended this month and now I’m officially unemployed and just a student again, and that sucks.
3. Do a short stay in another lab, mainly to learn a couple of techniques that are important for my future job in my area (whatever it turns out to be).
In 2016, I will…
1. Stop slacking on my Gym attendance…. seriously!
2. Get out of my comfort zone (I’m stealing this one from Kat).
3. Meet new people. I’m terrible at meeting new people, but I want to change my place of work, and it would be a good opportunity to be a little more sociable.
This is it, I’m done with my resolutions! Now, what about you? What are your resolutions for the coming year?
37 thoughts on “2016 Resolutions Book Tag”
I’m going to be requesting less from NetGalley, too. I’ve DNF-ed two ARCs I got there this month and I absolutely hate doing that. I want to limit my requests to books that I am dying to read, and not just anything that might look interesting.
yes, I agree, absolutely 😀
Those are all great resolutions 🙂 and you are more than welcome to steal answers from me as often as you like. I think no one is surprised about us thinking alike anymore at this point hahaha
If they are it’s because they don’t know us 😛
Hahaha true! I don’t think there are many people who haven’t noticed our back and forth on each other’s blogs though.
Kat, we posted around 1000 comments on each other’s blogs… no one can miss that! 😛
That’s what I thought!
Wow! I love all of your resolutions! ^.^ I also need to request less from Netgalley and read more of the books that I currently have sitting at home. :p
Almost done with your PhD?! That’s so exciting! I hope to be at that point some day. ^.^
Oo! Discussion posts sound like fun things to do, but I never know where people get their topics from. (Or perhaps I’m just oblivious to the bookosphere. :p)
netgalley is a problem i need to tackle right away :D. Yep, almost done with my PhD, time to face the real world now :(. Discussion posts I haven’t done much of, because I feel like most topics have already been covered, but then again, it’s an opinion piece, so you can take a topic already covered and give it your spin, right? 😉
Ah. The real world… Reasons why I’m going back to school. :p
Yeah. Every time I hear about a topic for a discussion post, eight people have already discussed it and I’m like ‘well then’.
I hear you…
Good luck with all of your resolutions & I hope you have s happy new year!!x
😀 thank u, you too
Good luck with your new years resolutions! Have a wonderful new year.
Happy new year for you too Keira
I should totally add to my list your point 3 and 4 from Book Blogging Resolutions. Good luck with everything! 😀
To you too. Happy new year 😄
Happy New Year!!! Those are great resolutions, good luck!! 😀
Thank you and happy new year 😊
I need to read more from my own shelf, too! 🙂
Lol, I think a lot of us have that problem… 😥
Happy new year! Good luck with your PhD 🙂 Haha I need to request less from Netgalley too because almost all of the arcs are now archived!
I blog hop while I am at work too, lol. It’s probably where I do the most commenting and reading. OOOPS.
Good luck with all your resolutions! Happy New Year! 🙂
It’s where I do most of mine too, lol
excellent resolutions. I want to do discussion posts too. also would like to post more often on my blog which i think i can achieve by scheduling more posts. hopefully
Good luck with that 😊
Those are some great resolutions! You should definitely do more discussions posts because I absolutely loved your first one. Good luck with your PhD! 😀
Happy New Year Cristina!!
Happy new year to you too 😀 😀 😀
I am fangirling over that banner!!!
Wow! Good luck to your PhD. I’m really wondering how you can juggle blogging and studying and doing lab stuff and travelling, etc. DO YOU STILL SLEEP? Lol. But no seriously, that’s awesome!
I do sleep, lol, I just don’t have that many obligations in my personal and family life when I’m in barcelona. Basically, all my free time is my own, and that helps to get stuff done. 😉
You have some great goals. Hope you are successful!
thank you 🙂