Hello! As I had said at the beginning of the year, I’m doing 2 reading challenges: the Goodreads Reading Challenge, where I’m aiming for 75 books and the Popsugar Reading Challenge. I’ll do a quick update here on the state of both challenges.
Originally I had set the goal of 75 books, and by April I was nearing the goal, being several books ahead of schedule. So then I decided to up my challenge to 125 books, and I’ll probably have to up it again, because I’ almost done with it. So guys, what should I change my challenge to?
What should I change my challenge to? 150? 175?
So far I’ve completed 20 of the 40 categories of this challenge – I’m halfway through!!!!
1. A book based on a fairy tale
2. A National Book Award winner
3. A YA bestseller
4. A book you haven’t read since high school
5. A book set in your home state
6. A book translated to English
7. A romance set in the future
8. A book set in Europe
9. A book that’s under 150 pages
10. A New York Times bestseller
11. A book that’s becoming a movie this year
12. A book recommended by someone you just met
13. A self-improvement book
14. A book you can finish in a day
15. A book written by a celebrity
16. A political memoir
17. A book at least 100 years older than you
18. A book that’s more than 600 pages
19. A book from Oprah’ Book Club
20. A science-fiction novel
21. A book recommended by a family member
22. A graphic novel
23. A book that is published in 2016
24.A book with a protagonist who has your occupation
25. A book that takes place during summer
26. A book and its prequel
27. A murder mystery
28. A book written by a comedian
29. A dystopian novel
30. A book with a blue cover
31. A book of poetry
32. The first book you see in a bookstore
33. A classic from the 20thcentury
34. A book from the library
35. An autobiography
36. A book about a road trip
37. A book about a culture you’re unfamiliar with
38. A satirical book
39. A book that takes place on an island
40. A book that’s guaranteed to bring you joy
17 thoughts on “2016 Reading Challenges: Second Trimester Update”
I can’t even … You’ve already read 121 books?? How do you do this? wow
hmmm, yeah?! 😳😊 don’t really know how to be honest…
How do you even do this?! You’re doing great!!
You’re welcome 🙂
Wow you’re fast! I’d say aim for 175 because I have a feeling you’re going to hit 150 very soon anyway.
eheh, thanks! I think 175 books it will be 😀
HOLY CRAP! 121 BOOKS! You are a reading machine, Cristina!
😊 thank you!!
121? That’s a lot of books! I also amped up my reading challenge because I’m almost finish with it. I think increase your goals to 200 would challenge you a bit 😀
oh wow, 200 would be cool. how are you doing with yours?
I’m only aiming at 35 books this year on goodreads , Good Luck! 🙂 and I totally forgot about the popsugar challenge so thank you for reminding me 🙂
🙂 35 is great, how are you doing so far?
28 books read 😎
that’s awesome 🙂
Great list! Thanks for sharing! Happy reading!