Hello guys! I did this last year, and when I saw this survey around again, hosted by Jamie @The Perpetual Page-Turner, and I thought I just had to do it again. Ready?!
Number Of Books You Read: 218
Number of Re-Reads: 6
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary Romance for sure. Most likely New Adult.
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
(If you have to cheat — you can break it down by genre if you want or 2016 release vs. backlist)
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
2016 was generally not a good year for me in terms of following people and being active, I’m sure I found amazing blogs in the first half of the year, but I honestly don’t remember… Ooops. I think I did start following Cait @Paper Fury in 2016 though, so I’m going with that.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Again… WOW. Guys, do you know that I wrote over 210 reviews on my blog during the year of 2016?! That’s too many for me to remember… I’ll leave 2 very different ones here:
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I’ve written a few posts that fit this, but again, I’m leaving a few here:
- LET’S TALK ABOUT: PROBLEMS OF BEING AN INTERNATIONAL READER & BLOGGER… ACCESS TO BOOKS
- LET’S TALK ABOUT: PROBLEMS OF BEING AN INTERNATIONAL READER & BLOGGER… ARCS
- EURO 2016: PORTUGAL, WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I did a couple of blog tours, but I’m not gonna count them… so, nothing?!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
I guess reaching 1000 wordpress followers and hosting my first giveaway.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I’ve read a lot this year, but my blogging kind of fell a bit. I still posted almost everyday, multiple times really, but my time and patience reduced a bit, so I had a lot of problems in blog hopping and keep up to date with other people’s blogs.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Nothing! Damn… eheh.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
YES! I upped my goodreads challenge a couple of times during the year, but I managed to read even more than I marked the last time, so I’m happy. However I did not finish the PopSugar Reading Challenge, because I decided to read whatever I wanted and that challenge was not a good fit for me.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
This year I want:
- To reach 2000 wordpress followers
- Be more active on twitter and the bookish community
- Read more fantasy and Sci Fi than last year
- Read my backlogged ARCs from Netgalley
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: