Hello people, I’m back from Portugal. After a crazy crazy week at home, I finally arrived to Barcelona yesterday morning (and at my house roughly 2h30m later… I have public transportation sometimes).
It was a SUPER CRAZY WEEK!! I’ll resume it for you, just because… I got there Friday night…
» Saturday I had a full day celebration at a friend’s house, to celebrate her birthday and PhD. After a day of eating and playing games, I finally got home at around 1 a.m.
» Sunday my brother picked me up at 9.30 a.m to go to the supermarket, then we went to his new house, looked around a bit, he showed me his 65′ and 55′ new TVs and played some PES, and then we had family lunch at our grandmother’s. After that, me, him and his wife went to a shopping mall, where he then left us and we went to IKEA next. We left IKEA completely drained at 10 p.m. and went to have a soup at another shopping mall… isn’t it great that things are open until 11p.m.?! After I had a freakout moment because I saw Throne of Glass in Portuguese, I went home.
– By now I’d been home for 2 whole days and had seen my dad a great amount of 1 hr on the day I arrived! –
» Monday I decided to sleep in a little… that was until my sister called me (and woke me up), to announce that she and her husband were arriving at Lisbon and if I wanted to have lunch with them. My answer was yes (because you never say no to dining out with your siblings, right?). SEAFOOD!!!! 😀 My bro and sis-in-law joined us as well, and then we (again) went to my brother’s new house. It was time to start washing the linens and stuff, and I spent the day assembling the kitchen diner table and the chairs… bless IKEA. On a bright note, I managed to get away and have diner with my dad 😉
» Tuesday I was able to stay at home a bit. I had to work on some stuff for my advisor, so that worked out well. And after 2 days of being stuck in the same page of Queen of Shadows, I was able to move up a few chapters (not many though). My BFF then went to get me and we made our usual route to some starbucks, a few shops, diner and a movie. 😀 (and then staying talking until past 2a.m. – I’m in serious need of some sleep).
» My plan for Wednesday was to relax all day and read, nothing more. I almost managed doing just that… But my sis called to let me know she would be picking me up soon… I said no, she said yes, she won! So, again, bro’s home – it’s a really nice house – we had a snack, we went to my grandmother’s, then to see a friend, then back to his house, we had diner at 11 p.m. and me and my sister-in-law’s sister stayed until 2a.m. playing Dance Central on the X-Box, while the men were upstairs with their PES.
» Thursday was a good day! I made progress on Queen of Shadows! I read and watched a bit of TV, relaxed, managed to actually read some blog posts that I had been accumulating, and then me and my BFF went to have coffee with a friend of ours that we hadn’t seen in awhile.
– Are you tired yet? –
» Friday I went (guess…), yeah, bro’s house. They went to deliver furniture, mainly the couch and dining table – very important – then we had lunch, me and sis went to starbucks, pharmacy, grandmother’s house. Then we had a family diner. My nephew arrived from the south of Portugal. After diner we all went to my brother’s house. Me and my BFF finally left past 1a.m. and I was super tired by then.
» Saturday (it’s almost over), I had a lunch with my family from my dad’s side. It’s always great to see my aunts 😀 ! By late afternoon I went shopping with my nephew and that was awesome, I had missed the kid. Then it was time to pack and sleep, because having a plane to catch at 6.45 a.m. is no joke.
My Grandmother/aunt’s house is full of these little treasures… Damn it, I was so cute when I was little…
Now, for the actual #TackleTBR Warp-Up, I didn’t do any good in this Read-a-Thon… not good at all.
WHAT MY GOALS WERE:
- Finish my September TBR, which means reading Queen of Shadows (doing a buddy read – check the GR group 😀 ), An Infinite Number Of Parallel Universes and Finding Perfect. (Because I’ll finish The Assassin’s Blade today)
- Read at least 2 other ARCs – which ones will depend on my mood;
- Participate in 5 challenges;
- Find some new exciting blogs to follow.
WHAT I actually managed:
- I finished The Assassin’s Blade, An Infinite Number Of Parallel Universes and Finding Perfect. I’m halfway done with Queen of Shadows, which won’t surprise you if you read the section above.
- I read nothing more, unless you count some form of fanfiction which I’m now apparently addicted to.
- I participated in 2 challenges: #TACKLETBR: SEASON CHALLENGE and #TACKLETBR: BOOKISH SCAVENGER HUNT!. I really like challenges, but to be honest, the ones in this read-a-thon were mostly meh… these two were fun 🙂 .
- I hardly had time to check on the blogs that I already follow, least of all find new ones… it was a busy week.