Let me start by saying that I was consciously putting off watching this episode because I knew it was going to be heartbreaking and then I would have to go through a lot of months without this show, and I’m still not ready for that!
The Flash did everything right this season, but that finale, oh boy, that was something else.
- First of all, the acting. This cast took it out of the park, especially Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Rick Cosnett, Carlos Valdes and John Wesley Shipp. When the episode ended, I was all tears.
- This episode shows so well that in this show (or at least in this season), the focus was much more on Barry and his fathers, than on Barry and his love interests, and that is amazing. More so because Barry and his dads are AMAZING!
- Each time Barry has a scene with Joe it’s probably gonna be my favorite of that episode – they’re just that good. But on this one, it was the Barry/Henry scene that made me lose it completely. What Henry tells his son is just so profound, he rather be in jail than see his son become something less than what he is… come on, that’s love!
- But Joe is not behind, he rather lose Barry as a son, in order for him to grow up with both his parents… more tears – what was the game plan here, Flash writers?!
- I loved Dr. Stein on this episode, how determinant he was for almost everything. I liked especially of his talk with Eddie!!! I’m looking forward to see more of him in Legends of Tomorrow.
- Cisco and Wells… I could watch more of them. I’m kind of hoping that now that the Reverse Flash has ceased to exist, that it somehow means that the real Harrison Wells never died, and that somehow he and Cisco might bond. But that’s asking a lot, because if they go there, they would have to erase and change a lot of things, and I guess that’s more of a parallel timeline or something like that. Though Tom Cavanagh is confirmed for season 2, so…
- Cisco is on his way to becoming Vibe, while Caitlin is seen as Killer Frost when Barry is trying to create the wormhole.
- I was really ok with Eddie taking control of his destiny and going to get the girl – though we knew it was doomed from the start. But he was right, the universe in which Iris bears the name Allen, is not their universe, so in reality they could have happened.
- If it wasn’t of course for the fact that Eddie needed to stop existing… he had to go and be a hero… I will miss him dearly!!! But ultimately he did what he had to do to completely erase the Reverse Flash. Well done… you were a real hero Eddie.
- There’s one thing that I’m not 100% convinced about: Ronnie and Caitlin. I love Caitlin. I like Ronnie. I do not like them together! I did not like that wedding. At all! Sorry…
- Grant Gustin is amazing! Have I said that already?! This show has been so great because he inputs a heart to Barry and the Flash, while maintaining a comedic side… He has been wonderful and should truly be commended by the success of this series.
- Oh… and that scene with Nora Allen?! WOW!
Oh… I’m gonna miss you Flash!