Hey hey hey! Here I am with another book tag, this time it’s The ‘Spring has Sprung’ Book Tag and I was tagged by The Orang-utan Librarian. Thank you so much! And let’s do this 😉 .
1. Flowers: Look on your bookshelves. What is the most beautiful book both inside and out?
One of my most beautiful books, inside and out, has to be Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.
Just look at it, isn’t it gorgeous? And it’s such a good and sweet read 🙂 .
2. Grass: What is a book that you find that others like way more than you do?
Given the goodreads rating that Nirvana has, I would say that a lot of people liked it WAY better than me, considering that I rated the book 1 star… which I have to be honest and say that I don’t really understand how that’s possible… to each its own, right?
3. Rain: What’s a great book that lifts your spirits when you’re down?
The obvious answer here has to be Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, right? I read this book twice already, and I love love love it! It makes me happy. So much so that I even borrowed my physical copy to my bff. I hope she takes good care of my precious!
4. Dew: What’s a book that made you feel alive?
Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy’s Us surely made me feel alive. Maybe because my heart was actually hurting while reading this book. Maybe!
This book has it all: great dialogue, great characters, great story, great romance, huge heartbreak… perfect.
5. Storms: What’s a book that you found unpredictable?
Hmmmm, I would say that Anything You Want by Geoff Herbach was pretty unpredictable. There were definitly some things that I didn’t see coming at all. Also, the book was nothing like I expected, but it’s oh so good!
6. Rainbow: What was a book that you struggled with, only to be happy that you read it in the end?
Well, I struggled with Lady Midnight, but not because the book isn’t brilliant or because I didn’t want to read it, just the opposite. But it is a huge book, and my hands and arms would hurt when I had been reading for awhile. The book is heavy like hell!
7. Chilly Weather: What’s a book that you couldn’t finish or didn’t enjoy?
Perfect time to mention my last 1 star reading, and that was Lessons of the Heart, which is a YA/NA teacher/student romance. It was so so bad, and it had nothing to do with the forbidden part of it. You can check out my review of it HERE.
8. Warm Weather: What’s a book that you loved and wanted more of?
I wanted more of Adorkable for sure. Such a cute and good read. I wanted to see what happened after that last scene and what was in store for Sally and Becks, because they were so adorable together :D.
9. Green: What’s a book that you haven’t read yet, but really want to?
Actually, I’m saying one that I’m gonna start today, and that is The Rose and the Dagger, by Renee Ahdieh. I’ve had the book for a few weeks now, but I can only manage one physical book at a time, and I needed to finish Me Before You before starting this one.
10. Pink: What’s a book in which you felt a strong connection to the characters?
I felt a really strong connection to Isla and Josh, in Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. Maybe that’s why this was my favorite book of the companion series. There’s just something so great about Isla and Josh.
11. Purple: What’s a book that when you read it, you feel safe?
Not sure I fully understand this question, but hey, I’ll give it a try?! I think Attachments by Rainbow Rowell was a book that made me feel safe, maybe because I loved the story and it’s my favorite contemporary of Rowell’s. Have you read it? You should!
12. Orange: What book do you feel is intelligently written?
I didn’t want to repeat authors, but I kind of have to. Carry On by Rainbow Rowell is, in my opinion, one of the most intelligent written books I’ve ever read. I loved how the base of the book was known, but she twisted everything. I fins the magic system especially compelling.
13. Yellow: What book puts a smile on your face?
Ok, try to look at that cover and not smile… did you manage it? Big Rock by Lauren Blakely definitly put a huge smile on my face. It’s an amazing romance and I highly recommend it to everyone who likes NA romances.