Happy and brilliant! Big congratulations to everybody on the Supernatural team, not only for 200 very enjoyable and amazing episodes, for a magnificent cast and for being, perhaps, the show that gives more back to the fans, like ever!
Supernatural celebrated its 200th episode with Fan Fiction, and never a title was so well put. More than a nod to the fans, the show went a step too far a did an episode for them, about them, still managing to get back to the core of the show: the brothers. The episode was about their connection, their history, the good and the bad, and the road so far. It was also about the fans, the fanfiction, the dashes, the ships, the subtext and the innuendos. It was about saying that no matter in which way you love the show, the important thing is that you love it and respect all views and opinions. It was about saying that even it it isn’t canon, it’s ok.
I have to be honest, I do not read fan fiction. I’m aware of what’s out there, it’s just not my cup of tea. Still, Supernatural managed more than a fan service episode, they made an ode to their fans.
Just a few notes:
- Really talented cast. All the girls kicked some serious ass, whether literally or in singing form, specially Katie Sarife and Joy Regullano.
- Sam is a real fan boy, right?
- All the title cards, like ever!!!
- “Why are they standing so close together?” “Reasons,” “They do know they’re brothers, right?” “Well, duh. But, subtext.”
- Destiel? Deestiel? Sastiel? Samstiel?! CasDean?! A nod to all the pairings and all…
- There goes the fourth wall… well done Jensen!!! =D
- “Jerk” “Bitch” =D =D
- Sam (s) quite literally saves the day… all three of them 😉
- “BM scene” – “bowel movement?”… no Dean (and then Sam), it’s Boy melodrama!!!
- “Supernatural has everything. Life, death. Resurrection, redemption. But above all, family. It isn’t some meandering piece of genre drek. It’s epic.”
- Carry On Wayward Son… I was in tears by now 😀 :D… so beautiful, I have to get me that soundtrack!
- Who’s that?!
- Welcome home Chuck! God’s not dead after all… 😀